C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, January 8, 2018

Spectrums of Color

I'm anticipating another art show down the road and I've had a whole series of small art quilts in my head for quite some time. I see them in various sizes and schemes that will flow from quilt to quilt.  I will write more about it as I go along....but for now I just have to start playing and see where it takes me. 

Here are some of the fabrics I'm starting with....as you can see and it's all about wild color.  

I'm using this jelly roll of Java bright batiks. I also have two sets of Moda "grunge" fabrics in the whole color spectrum. Once set is more solid...and the other one has large tone on tone polka dots and they both have great texture. I'll also add in some hand dyed fabrics to tone things down....just a bit.







It's all a bit crazy and chaotic at the moment. I picked a scheme and just started slicing and sewing. You have to start somewhere and I hope it won't end up as scary as it looks at this point. It's just pieces and parts and a whole lot of fun! 


You can see the great texture in these grunge solids. And...I'm quite fond of the pink/purple/orange combo.

It's a start!  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment