C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Small Things

"I hope I never get tired of the night sky, of thunderstorms, of watching cream make galaxies in my coffee. I hope I never grow to be someone who can no longer see the small beautiful things." author unknown 

As you might guess I have trouble throwing anything away....almost everything has potential.  But sometimes a scrap is just too small for any useful purpose....until now!


I bought this large and very heavy jar at a used goods sale a while back. I just love the shape.  It's been floating around the studio for a while now...waiting for the right filler. Branches? Stars? Marbles? Good ideas...but all a little "expected."


Then I had a lightbulb moment as I was cleaning up last weekend.....fiber snippets....just the ones that would normally get thrown away. It's perfect! It's free...it's colorful....and I'll enjoy watching the collection grow.  Kind of silly?  Probably...but right up my alley.

And so it begins.

I found myself almost giddy picking up tiny little bits from the floor.  I love this view down into the jar?  "Small beautiful things" can bring a ridiculous amount of joy if you let it. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment