C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Squiggles and Stripes

On the heels of yesterday's post I was excited to find a bright green squiggle on this morning's walk. It's already in the jar. 

I've been playing around with the fabrics for my "spectrum of quilts" project I talked about a few weeks ago. I realized that before I actually start the first one I needed to have a plan for the scheme for each quilt. It's really important to me that they have a nice flow and look good together.  

I've decided to add in some of my Kaffe Fassett stripes. They're bright but muted so oddly tone things down and they add some interest. Each fabric has it's own color scheme which gives me a jumping off point for each quilt.  These mixed with the polka dots and solids and just a hint of the batiks will work better....I think.  It's still just a concept.



I have a whole layout on the table in my sewing room and every time I walk by I rearrange, add, or subtract. Nothing is final...it's a work in progress.....but there is progress.

I used these striped fabrics to make this large couch pillow for the living room in Lexington. 



2 comments:

  1. Not to be pushy but as you practice with your scraps, you can always throw another random mug rug my way:) Im fine with your 'mistakes'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These fabrics would make a beautiful mug rug....I'll keep it in mind. You would have to pick it up in person...however. I can be pushy too.

      Delete