C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, December 9, 2018

All is Calm....

...all is bright.

Margie and I got the backing papers and boxes out of the living room and it's all set up for Christmas.  I have a few more things to do for part one of "project making a house a home"...but we're in pretty good shape for day two. We decided we won't do too much other decorating until after Christmas.  It will be good to pause and just get to know the new place and the people. Then we can dive into all the other boxes.


Margie brought just a few of her most meaningful ornaments....and there were just enough to deck out this little Charlie Brown tree I had.  A nice little Christmas glow in her living room.                                                                                                                          

One of the things I unpacked was a PEACE block puzzle I made for her years and years ago from Christmas cards. It's a perfect follow up to yesterday's post. There are six different images of peace that can be put together and it was fun seeing it again. 

I've probably made at least 50 of these puzzles over the years using different themes or photographs.  As a matter of fact I have one sitting on my coffee table at home that I'll share later.


Another treasure we found was a memento from a family reunion from 1995.  Inside the sweet little book was a picture of my sweet little boys.  All is calm...all is bright.


No comments:

Post a Comment