C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Little Tree Project

I put together a little 5 x 7  tree project as a gift for a friend...a new twist on an old idea. I think the pop of the green pine is a nice contrast to the dark blue.

I repurposed a weathered wooden canvas that had little indent on the front with goofy image I found at a resale store.  Using a piece of the blue ombre scarf I've talked about before I fused the fabric around a piece of stabilizer, added the trees and moon, and glued it in. Instant frame!

I will admit I'm going to be a bit sad when I use up this scarf fabric...it has served me well. It has such great color and texture and the gold specks make for a lovely starlit sky.
The evergreen is made from torn chunks of handmade paper which are glued right onto the fabric. 

I did a bit of a wonky blanket stitch by hand around the birch since the sewing machine that has the decorative stitching I use was in Lexington and I was still in Portland. It's a bit wonky on purpose...and because I did it at 9:00 at night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment