C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Old School Collection

Special little toys are fun at Christmas....and that's still true for a 59 year old woman. To fully appreciate the toys featured in this post....I recommend you follow the links to see them in action.

I have fond memories of playing with this old school waddle toy at my grandmother's house when I was young. When you set it at the top of an incline it waddles down on its own with the little babies in tow. It now lives at my sister's Angie's home in Missouri and I featured it in my final project for the Consciously Creative class last fall while I was staying with her.

You can check out my final project in the form of a Steller Story.  The waddling mother duck is featured near the end in two little videos.  When you link to the story click on the arrow to the right to turn the pages.  Be sure to have your sound on and work your way through the story. 

Why is this relevant now you might be asking?


A week or so ago I popped into the little antique shop where I purchased the sweet 1981 Christmas tree cross stitch I wrote about a few days ago. Much to my delight I found a little Donald Duck waddle toy.  I have two others that I've found over the years so now I have three which makes for a nice little collection. An old school collection. 




Shortly after Donald came home I made a little video of my three little waddle toys....you can view it on my Instagram page by clicking here. I felt like a little kid at Christmas time smiling ear to ear the whole time I was filming.

All three are now displayed on the top shelf of the bookcase.  

No comments:

Post a Comment