C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, December 17, 2018

Festive Friends

Paul and I had dinner with good friends a few nights ago while we were in Maine. It's fun to gather....but it's also fun to see people's houses all decked out for Christmas...and Jane's house is always festive and fun.  She has quite a collection of handmade Santas, trees and snowmen....all over the house.

We were all quite taken with the herd of reindeer Jane's husband Andy made which will be passed out to family when they gather.  I absolutely love the variety of things he found in the yard for antlers....totally festive and fun!






I took a little trip down memory lane when Jane pulled out this tiny set of nesting boxes I made for her years and years ago.  The largest one is just a couple of inches.



All the boxes nest together and I made a tiny Santa hat to put in the last one as a little surprise.  Dave, my father-in-law taught me how to make these boxes...you can read the story behind them here in this post.

These are a few of my Santas I took to Maine....Jane made the two largest ones. It's nice having festive friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment