C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Satisfaction and Joy

I'm not sure it was joy exactly that I experienced when I took my stove apart for cleaning this morning....

...but there was a sense of satisfaction. And Christmas music does make housework seem almost festive.

But there was certainly joy when I paused to visit my favorite weaver at The Umbrella Community Arts Center Winter Market in Concord. A conversation with Barbara always makes me happy...and the colors in her studio make me melt.
 

Barbara always uses some sort of am image as inspiration for each weaving. This beautiful moody blue scarf was inspired by this lovely landscape.  

I love this little touch of festive on her shelf....a quiet colorful moment. 

                                                                   

Ordinary chores and and extraordinary artist....satisfaction and joy. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment