C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, December 14, 2019

Digging In

As part of my transition from fall to winter at the condo I put a gourd out on my rock wall a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it and its curly stem all fall in the house and I've enjoyed it sitting here for a while.



Since then it's been snowed and rained on....and the squirrels have knocked it around a bit. I posted this photo a week or so ago...and you can just barely see it peaking out from the snow.

The snow has come and gone and the gourd must have softened up enough because Paul noticed a squirrel had finally started digging in and was having quite a feast this morning.  I posted a video of it here on my Instagram page.  



It was an absolute delight to watch....sitting right next to my orange fuzzy succulent blooms.  Good entertainment for a rainy morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment