C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, December 7, 2019

"Splashes of Color"

Anita and I took a field trip to Portland today....we went to a few craft shows, stopped in a few shops, and had a nice visit with Margie. A delightful and festive way to spend a day!

A highlight was a stop at Lauren Ostis' booth at "Art on the Hill"....The Society for East End Arts holiday sale. Several years ago I bought one of her felt garlands....and have been slowly adding to my collection ever since.  Today I came home with one in citrus colors. 

Lauren AND her booth just ooze joy! 


"The process of combining color, line, shape, pattern & texture in my work is of great significance.  Of even greater importance to me, though, is offering moments of simple joy for others by creating splashes of color in a sometimes gray world." Lauren's Facebook Page 

No comments:

Post a Comment