C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Believe

"I believe in kindness. Also in mischief. Also in singing, especially when singing is not necessarily prescribed."  
Mary Oliver

This little elf is one of my favorite Christmas decorations....and every year she finds herself in a new spot in the house. 

An invisible Christmas elf played a major role while our boys were growing up.  She came every night from December 1st until Christmas leaving a little treat, a small toy, or a note on the coffee table for the boys adding a little excitement to the waiting.  And...her treats were incentive for good behavior because the boys really believed.  The tradition kept up until they left the house and she still shows up once in a while when they visit.

A teenager once told me that when you stop believing all you get is clothes.

We've had a couple of snowy days....perfect for long overdue cleaning in my house in Lexington.  We're having a party on Friday....just the incentive I needed....and the snow and Christmas music made it feel less like work.

But the highlight of my day was an e-mail and photo from Elle.  I connected with her about a month about paper stars she saw here on the blog.  

I taught Elle how to make them (from long distance)....and over Thanksgiving she taught her niece how to make them who will share them with friends at college.  Another ring in the ripple.....I'm just giddy.

If you're reading this on the actual blog site....take a minute and read the quote at the top of the page.  If you're reading it through e-mail you can click here to connect to the blog and read the Charles de Lint quote.  I do believe in an everyday sort of magic....and inexplicable connectedness.  

THIS.....is everyday magic!  Thank you Elle! 

I believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment