C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, December 9, 2019

Full Circle Inspiration

Lynne and I connected through this blog and she and I have been exchanging ideas, supplies, and inspiration pieces for almost 2 years.  We have no time frame, no expectations, and no pressure....we just share something when the creative spirit moves us. 

Today when I opened a box from Lynne I got tears in my eyes. Inside was a beautiful improvisational art quilt that took my breath away.  It's colorful, whimsical, and right up my alley.  How lucky am I!


There are wonderful full circle connections about this quilt. 

1.  Lynne made this quilt in an improv class with Cindy Grisdela who has been a huge inspiration for me.  I have been following Cindy for quite some time and finally met her at an art show in Boston a few years ago and purchased a small art quilt that hangs in my living room.  I have her book and use her techniques and tricks often in my art quilts. I have written about Cindy several times on this blog....and those posts can be found here.

2.  Cindy steered me to the hand dyed Cherrywood Fabrics and over time I have built up a nice stash. A while back I put together a little collection of precious hand dyed fabrics and sent them to Lynne for inspiration.  She used some of those fabrics during this improv class to create this beautiful piece and now have made the full circle back to me.

3.  Lynne's quilt...inspired by Cindy...will now become an inspiration to me making a nice little creative circle.

Here are a few close-ups of some of the wonderful little moments in Lynne's quilt:




I follow Cindy on Facebook and her blog....so scrolled back and sure enough I found the post on the improv class that Lynne took. I'm sure I studied them at the time certainly not making the connection.  You can see Lynne's quilt and the other class products here on Cindy's post.  You know these kinds of connections just make me giddy!  Thanks Lynne! 









2 comments:

  1. Lynne, if you are seeing this comment, your quilt is so wonderful! What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure she sees it. Yes....a treasure! Thanks Elle!

      Delete