C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, December 27, 2019

The Days After

I am quite fond of these days after Christmas.  The anticipation and preparation are over....the memories are made...and there's time to pause as we slide into the new year.  Anything is possible.

I took this photo before I left Lexington.  It's a tiny little USB fiberoptic tree I got from my friend Becky years ago.  I can plug it into the wall or my computer so the after Christmas glow can follow me wherever I go.  Perfect for these days after.

This feeling felt familiar....and sure enough one year ago I wrote nearly the same post....even giving it the same name.  Some things never change.




I did want to share a couple little details from Christmas that made me smile.  Like I've mentioned...Sam is a bike messenger in Boston. Every time he enters a building he has to get a security pass and he saved some up to use as his Christmas labels.  He also gave me a stack of extras.  Pretty clever repurposing! 


Margie attends an exercise class every weekday morning at her senior living facility.  At the end of each session they float their hands like they're playing a piano and sing a song.  Margie is in charge of the song often writing her own clever lyrics to a familiar tune....and they love it!

Early this season she took her singing cardinals that she got from her grandson North several years ago.  They dance and sing "We wish you a Merry Christmas" in a flashy and annoying kind of way bringing smiles and laughter at the end of the session.
And to keep the fun flowing throughout the season we found a Santa hat on-line that sings a Christmas version of "Shout." Margie was really rocking it at exercise class!  I posted a video on youtube that can be seen with this link: https://youtu.be/qmQC7tQ9P_s
And....I put a set of finger lights in her stocking that she tried out today! Good old fashioned fun for the piano playing cool down...and perfect for keeping the Christmas glow going during these days after!  

No comments:

Post a Comment