C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

This and That

I wonder if anyone else got found objects in their stocking?  Lucky me got a little elephant and a pterodactyl. What's not to love about that!

I finished the last of my new 5ftinf puzzles on another snowy day in Maine.....a perfect way to end 2019.                                                                                                           


I was re-inspired by batiks when Anne was cutting swatches from my stash....so I spent some time pulling fabrics for a project that might be just for me.

I can see from this line-up that I want less blue and more reds and oranges....but that's an easy fix. I'm not quite sure exactly what my pattern will be but I've been browsing Pinterst for inspiration.  I want to do something a bit more interesting than just strips....but I also want to keep it simple wanting it to feel more like a painting than a quilt.

And...I'm going to use up my very favorite stripy batik fabric as an accent here and there.  I wish I had 10 yards of this....it has been so versatile and I've used it in many many quilt projects over the years. But I'm down to just a little bit and I might as well do something that might end up hanging in my home.

Happy New Year!  I'm starting 2020 with some COLOR!

No comments:

Post a Comment