C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, December 23, 2019

Notes, Photos, and Posts

Wonderful things keep showing up at my door, on my phone, or on social media from people I love.

I got a text from my sister LaVonn with this absolutely precious note. LaVonn's daughter-in-law Megan is a 1st grade teacher, and Megan's daughter Maeson just turned one year old.

This note was from one of Megan's students and it made my heart melt right into a puddle.  I'm not sure Maeson can manage the task...but I hope my nephew Samuel can.  Every teacher deserves to have their feet rubbed!  
Paul has sent me a photo each of the past two days on his early morning walk.  
It warms my heart that he notices something beautiful and shares it with me.



And Sam put this photo and several others on Instagram.  He worked in Boston all day as a bike messenger and stopped to buy Girl Scout cookies. He also stopped to watch, listen, and take a video of a waterfall of melting snow off the roof of a building.  "I'm out in the city all day and I'm trying to pay attention to that stuff like that," he told me on the phone this afternoon.  Makes me smile.

Take time to look...and really SEE.
Stop and just listen.
Document.
Share.

No comments:

Post a Comment