C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Quiet Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve....one of my favorite days of the year. 

Last year I wrote about my childhood memories of Christmas Eve at my grandmother's house. I can easily put myself right back there...the sights, smells, sounds and tastes.

I love Christmas Eve.

I've had a cold for the past week or so which has shifted my focus these days just before Christmas. Can a cold be a gift?  I'm much much better....but it forced me to slow down and pay more attention to the simple joys that present themselves each day....just like I talked about yesterday.  Christmas cards, texts and e-mails from family and friends have been such a delight and maybe even more so in the quiet this year.  I am grateful.

Today a box of Harry and David pears came.....a tradition started by my dear friend Connie and continues by her daughter Andi. Simple perfect joy!

Happy quiet Christmas Eve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment