C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Filled With Family

Today the house was FILLED with family.  

Liz arrived last night safe and sound....and today we had a party. Sam, Lise and Kyle the dog were back in town, we scooped up Margie, and my oldest son Nate stopped in for the afternoon.  

A house full of family =JOY!



All the men in my family have been Simpsons fans over the years....and my son Nate used to collect the figures.  Paul and I have been storing them for years and Nate wasn't even sure he wanted them back.  But during the move I put them all in a bag and had visions of playing "name the Simpson's character" with the three guys.  Today was the day they finally were all in the same place at the same time....and they indulged me.
Nate clearly knew the most....and they named every character including last names and even gave descriptions of the episodes the characters were in.  It was absolutely as fun as I had hoped it would be. And the best part is that Nate was just thinking about these again.....and was thrilled to take them all home.



No comments:

Post a Comment