C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, July 24, 2021

Kids In The House

I had kids in the house today....and it was awesome!  My neighbor's grandchildren come to visit quite often and I've gotten to know them while riding their bikes up and down the street.  So this time...I invited them over to play.  

I hid 20 of my found objects in the rock wall....and we took turns finding and re-hiding them.

Could I have been more excited that someone took an interest in my bug puzzle?
The fact that his sister spent a long time sorting all my found objects got me just as excited. Two kids after my own heart.
They were here just an hour and 1/2....and we also played hide and seek, flew airplanes, and played with my top collection and wind up toys.  God bless all you grandparents who do this on a regular basis!  I loved it....but I'll have to build up my stamina! 😉

Don't you just love the color wheel that got sorted? My favorite line as she picked up a teal colored object...."this one is both blue and green."  Indeed it was!  

Kids in the house = JOY!




BTW.....I did get permission from grandma to post photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment