C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, July 31, 2021

This Happened

I was supposed to be cleaning off my work table in the studio....and I got distracted by precious little snippets......and this happened.

I can see now that I want to add a row of stitching around the outside of the mount....that will be a nice finish.

Photographs help me see things that I miss in person.  


Cleaning my table...and my studio for that matter...are usually hopeless tasks.  I'm so easily distracted...and this time it was the little watercolor scraps from my three piece collage play.

I placed some skinny two sided tape along a piece of scrap card stock and randomly arranged the scraps. When I was done I trimmed up the ends a bit.
How can this not be a good thing....a happy thing!


Still distracted.


And my table is still just how I found it...I'll try again tomorrow. Full disclosure....I had to work on a board in my lap because there wasn't room on the table.  But that's OK....because something fun happened.

10 comments:

  1. Your table looks just like mine. How comforting. ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you wouldn’t say “read on” as I do and there’s nothing else to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a feature on the new Mail Chimp email. I'll see if my niece can change that....she's my technical support. I just putter!

      Delete
  3. MaryAnn - when I comment here it is always listed as Unknown. How do I change that? I've signed in. I don't like anonymous comments, positive or negative. Thanks. Laura B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really sure....but I'll look into it. It seems it has to be on your end since other names come up. I'll see what I can find out. Thanks for checking in here.

      Delete
  4. PLEASE don't tidy your desk - I love it that way! I could look at this picture for hours, only my fingers itch to go and make something, your desk is pure creativity fallout! I found your blog yesterday, and I just know I am going to love following along, thanks for sharing,
    Kate, Bristol, UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty funny! I love the whole idea of creativity fallout! Thank you for finding me...I've been at this for almost 7 years and I never seem to run out of things to say or share. Your note warmed my heart!

      Delete
  5. This is one of my favorite projects of yours. It’s just colorful and happy!
    Roseanne, in CT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I guess magic can happen with scraps!

      Delete