C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Round 16

Liz made it back to Denver safely....and I spent the day inching my way back into my routine. It's always good to change things up...but then there's nothing better than getting back to the familiar.  It's all good. 

I did get my keeper card done for round 16 of our 4 x 6 exchange today....but I'll write about that tomorrow. Today I'll catch up on the others.  My only theme this time was to use the hand painted textured papers I made a while back.  I made a seascape for Becky....which I already shared here....and this landscape for Brenda. 

I might have given this another go if I had time....but it was right before Liz came and I was busy puttering around the house. So this one had to do.

There are many things I would do differently....but I'll be playing around with landscapes again so I'll count this as a practice. 

I worked within a general 4 x 6 area...then cut it down.  It was much better in my head.....but I do love these textured papers...and I do know I need more a variety of greens and other colors.  This was the only photo I took part way through.
I think more hand embellishments would have helped....and I certainly second guessed the big sun swirl.


I still love this grassy art paper.....I use it sparingly as I haven't been able to find it again.
I just got Brenda's card a few days ago and think it's pretty clever.  She made a strip collage using magazine papers then used a cut stencil design in black cardstock for an overlay.  I think the stencil pattern is unique....and the papers showing through give it a nice effect.  Well done Brenda! I'm expecting Becky's card from last week anytime.


No comments:

Post a Comment