C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Little Scraps

"Sometimes it is enough just to listen to music and cut and paste little scraps of hand painted papers." Rebecca Sower 

Keeping with the round 16 theme for our 4 x 6 exchange I used some precious little scraps from my hand painted papers.  This time I created a very simple patchwork like piece inspired by the artist who taught the "Land and Sky" course, Rebecca Sower

When I was making these papers I mostly made blues....because it was hard to stop.  I realized when I made Brenda's landscape card last week I will really lacking in the greens and other colors so I'll have to get back to making more. I really like the not so perfect hand painted patterns and textured look.
 
Rebecca Sower is mixed media artist from Tennessee and I've been following her for quite some time on Instagram.  Her work is organic and beautiful...and I just love her simple style.  When I saw that she was teaching an online class called "Land and Sky" I got really excited.  But it was during a busy stretch back during the move.  I got as far as making papers....and hope to get back to the videos and lessons....thank goodness I have lifetime access.

My simple patchwork piece was inspired by this post on her Instagram page...and her caption was the quote at the top of this post: "Sometimes it is enough just to listen to music and cut and paste little scraps of hand painted papers."  I absolutely love her mix of papers....and her wonky stitched circle.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNZ6qC8gEk3/

https://www.instagram.com/rebeccasower/

Just winging it....


Sometimes simple is the way to go....this is one of my favorite cards so far....and took about 15 minutes to make.  Lesson learned.


Becky's card came today.....so round 16 is a wrap!
Becky used more supplies from the "Art Box" gift from her kids....this time gelatos, Faber Castell pens, a water brush, and watercolor.  Doesn't it look like a soft summer day?


2 comments:

  1. Hi, MaryAnn ~ Hello from a fellow New Englander. I’m a fairly new subscriber to your blog and have been enjoying seeing it in my email every day. I love today’s art work and will be checking out Rebecca Sower’s class. Love these blues and the wonderful composition you created with them.
    Thanks. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard! Thank you so much for checking it out. I will be getting back to Rebecca's class at some point...but making these papers was so much fun. There were things I hadn't even thought to do...and papers are so textural.

      Delete