C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, July 23, 2021

They're Back!

I've been taking a short walk after dinner every day that I can....all part of my new "I'm trying to take care of myself" routine.  

Today I had to move right along because a storm was brewing and I didn't want to miss my window of opportunity.  

The stormy sky did not disappoint.

There were breaks in the clouds like this....I didn't know where to look.


I stayed close to home the last part of the walk....ready to take shelter as soon as I needed to.  First we had a crazy downpour....and then hail.  It was wild! A good reminder that Mother Nature is going to do what she's going to do.
Now...for the post that I was going to write:

The ghost plants are back in the woods....and they're as creepy as ever.  I discovered them for the first time last year....so if you're interested in more inforatmion you can read this post from almost exactly a year ago.   https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2020/07/ghost-plant.html

Sometime soon I'm going to write about all the mushrooms!  You know how I love the mushrooms! And with all the rain we've had...they're popping up everywhere!  

After the storm I went out to check on things...and there's not much damage...just some holes in some hosta leaves. But it was strange seeing hail in the garden.  Also kind of cool....literally.


2 comments:

  1. Dean's mom said they’re really plentiful in Michigan and Wisconsin this year - must be all the rain we’ve been getting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a strange weather summer.I don't remember so many days I've needed to wear a sweatshirt. I've kind of liked it! And I'm so glad I haven't had to water!

      Delete