C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, July 18, 2021

Meadow Rue

Today I'm celebrating my meadow rue.  I've had a taller plant for a few years against my fence....but it blooms at about the 7 ft mark...so I can't really enjoy it up close.  It also must not be the best location because it doesn't bloom as robustly as ones friends have.

But this spring I bought a shorter version blooming at about 3 to 4 feet....and I've been watching it for weeks.  It has several branches of buds and they're just now starting to open. 

The buds start as these incredible lavender pearls....so delicate and nearly impossible to photograph.  Believe me....I've tried quite a few times.

The plant is airy and wispy....almost like lace....you can barely see it in this photo....but it's so pretty in person. It adds yet another wonderful texture to the garden. Even though the plant is taller than others around it....it doesn't block them.....so it can go anywhere.  I'm going to be shopping for more to tuck in.
And I love the combo of the pinky purple with my purple coral bell....and it goes well with all the limes and yellows.
The blooms are tiny and sweet....and more pink than purple with fringy yellow stamens.

Here is my taller one right now....blooming and beautiful....but way up there. What's not to celebrate about meadow rue!

No comments:

Post a Comment