C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, January 12, 2023

Joy in the Journey

Your path can be as slow and crooked as it needs to be....and as joyful as you want it to be.  

I've been plugging away at my current puzzle....it's a challenging one....but I'm loving the slow crawl.  Philippa's puzzles are lovely......with nice quality pieces...but they don't interlock as tightly as some puzzles I've done.

Some of you know how I love to connect a path down the middle from the top to the bottom or right to left....and I always celebrate that particular moment.  Sometimes I write about it.....like back in November on another one of Philippa's puzzles: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2022/09/solid-path.html

But because my puzzle table is not all that big I'm often balancing boxes, or my coffee and breakfast plate on top of the puzzle while I work...and I've been disrupting and mangling the border....over and over.  

So I've switched gears and am moving away from the path down the middle....and I'm shoring up the corners and edges giving the whole puzzle more stability.  It's working....and that makes me happy.

Soon I can get back to connecting some of that fabulous middle.

I have a similar strategy going on in my studio. I'm shoring up the corners, tidying the edges and dabbling in the middle. I'm feeling better and better about it every day....and I'll share more about my progress in the days to come.  My path maybe be crooked and slow....but I'm finding joy in the journey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment