C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, January 21, 2023

One Thumb

It's been cold enough to keep the snow clinging to the trees. That....along with the blue sky made for a beautiful late morning walk.  

There are things I take for granted that are hard to do with only one good thumb....like hold my toothbrush in my right hand and squeezing the tube with my left like I always do.  Paul applies his toothpaste one handed by putting the toothbrush in his mouth....I don't think that's for me.

But there were several things I could do with just one good thumb.....so I focused on....and embraced those today. They included tax prep, other paperwork and computer work...and finally setting up our personal finance books and online files for 2023.  I've been avoiding all of these things....and I actually came pretty darn close to enjoying them today.

It also dawned on me today...that I use only nine fingers when I type....my left thumb has no role while typing.  Win!

AND.....I spent some time playing at the puzzle table..... because look what I found!

I know it's silly....but I'm so tickled that a few of my little acorns are in Philippa's puzzle. There was one little blue one in the bowl along the side in the puzzle....and now there are five.
This puzzle has been finished for a few days.....


...and just like that....it's a pile of pieces and parts again.
Time to start a new one....puzzles only require one thumb.


I hope you Wordle fans have already done the puzzle today....I started with "thumb"....and it lead me right to "blurb" on the second line!

Overall....not a bad "one thumb" day!


2 comments:

  1. I was down a whole hand about 15 years ago when I shattered my wrist. Try opening the pop up top on a can of catfood! lol. Learned from the PT to hold the can between my feet then use my good hand. 98% better, which is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! Thanks for sharing your story....I'm smiling as I picture you opening the can between your feet. We do what we need to do! I know there will be habits I have to change once I am healed....I need my hands!!! So glad your so much improved!

      Delete