C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, January 2, 2023

Tiny Tree

I love the black silhouettes of the winter trees against the morning sky....


....and the evening sky.  I love the trees in all the seasons.


I settled in last night to make a tiny tree....or that's what I thought.  

I made a whole series of framed tiny birch trees several year ago....they were just 2 by 3 inches.  You can read about them here: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2018/10/tiny-trees.html.  

I love tiny things....and I especially love the idea of a "tiny tree."  


My process remained the same.  I edged a piece of foam core with striped fabric....then fused the colorful fabric strips onto release paper.


Following the outline on the back of the release paper....
I cut it out and fuse it on the the foam core.


There are 26 strips of fabric in this 6 inch tree.  It's definitely smaller...and it's most certainly skinnier than the others I've made. But I realized this morning that it's really not all that tiny.
So in between my putting away Christmas chores.... I tried another one. This time I think it was worthy of being called a tiny tree. I do want to do something more interesting for the trunk....for now it's mounted on a green toothpick.


I'm still having fun with these fused fabric trees....
and one of them is actually pretty tiny. 😊

4 comments:

  1. Your tiny trees are ADORABLE! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I'm having fun with them....and may put some up for sale at some point.

      Delete
  2. Mary in Portland ORJanuary 3, 2023 at 9:52 AM

    What if you used a twig from a tree in your morning/evening walk for the trunk of your tiny tree? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an interesting idea Mary! I love the thought of using twigs for some of my trees....but I'm not sure it would work for these particular ones. I insert the skewer into the foam core....and into the tiny hole in the base and I think a stick would be too chunky. But I will give some thought to other trees using twigs. Nice hearing from the OTHER Portland! I hope you are well!

      Delete