C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Full Spectrum

I have been slowly going through bins and boxes in my studio trying to get some sense of order.....and I'm uncovering all kinds of unfinished projects. Some of them are class projects or by products of skills learned in a class....others are experiments and things I just needed to get out of my head.  

This is what it actually looks like.....it's approximately 5 x 7.  It could be matted and framed...or mounted on canvas with my wrapped binding technique. 


One of my goals in the next year or two is finish some of these pieces and pass them on. I'll either give them away as gifts....or sell them....somehow.  But it's time to get them out of my studio and out into the world.....one way or another.

If anyone has any interest in this rainbow piece.....feel free to email me using the link on the blog. We can discuss a price and how to finish it.  The price will depend on how it's finished.....and I'm even willing to sell it as is.  

Speaking of full spectrum.....Brenda share a link to Heather Brooks on Instagram.  she loves color and texture and has a passion for fungi and all things nature.  I especially loved this full spectrum mushroom photo!  Thanks Brenda!

https://www.instagram.com/smallwoodlandthings/

This textured rainbow piece has been knocking around for a couple years....ever since I took the swirls of color class.  At the time....I called it a "rainbowscape."

After stitching together a full spectrum of hand dyed fabrics, I top stitched and couched yarns and fibers creating lots of texture.

I added the frame digitally....making for a better presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment