C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Ready To Go!

Patty topped off her patio snow cake with icicles.....

.....a perfect example of how to add a little joy to the the job of shoveling 15 inches of snow.

Thanks for sharing Patti....it made me smile.

Even though I've been slowed down by my thumb.....which is improving every day....I still make big messes in the studio.  And I'm trying to establish new habits of pausing every few days to tidy things up before they get out of control again.  It's mostly working.

I sat down to tidy up my table this morning but quickly got sidetracked. Rather than put away the colored pencils that were strewn about....I used them to make another mandala. This time with color.....and a touch of gold.

Sometimes getting sidetracked with whatever is on the table is just the right thing to do.  I did eventually tidy it up.....and sharing results here is keeping me accountable.


Before.....


.....and after.


Before.....


...and after.  It's nice being all ready to go for the next project!


I'm enjoying the process of drawing these mandalas....
it's very calming. 




Another calming activity is getting the next puzzle rolling.  I'm doing the winter stamps one that Margie completed after Christmas.....and I'm going to try and work row by row....starting at the top and pushing it up on my table as I go along.  We'll see how long that lasts....probably as long as my clean craft table lasts.  


Six boxes of pieces at my side.....life is good when you're ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment