C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Playing With Snippets

I spent a few hours with some friends this afternoon....and I was fascinated with the ice formations on Patsy's windows.  

I couldn't help but do something with that little heart from yesterday's post.

And once I came across this watercolor piece....I had an idea.

I did this watercolor project in response to one of my blooming shrubs along the side of the condo....you can read about it here: http://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2022/06/the-underside.html

I started by cutting up the watercolor. It's been sitting around for a while....and I thought it would be more useful in parts.  Then I stitched one of the swatches and the heart together on a shimmery pinky red piece of cardstock and finally stitched it onto a card.

Art doesn't have to be complicated.... sometimes sweet and simple is the way to go.
And the best thing is....I have several more cutout swatches to play with. 
This is going to be my birthday card for my sister Nancy....her birthday is on Valentine's Day! 


And how cute is this!  


I love playing with my snippets!
Maybe you will too!  Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. This is a terrific idea! And Nancy is going to l-o-v-e the card you’ve made for her. Somehow those colors remind me of watermelon! 🍉 🍉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roseanne! Yes....they ARE the colors of watermelons!

      Delete