C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Small Victories

Life is more enjoyable when you celebrate the small stuff.

One of my small victories for today was connecting the top and bottom of my puzzle....with TWO paths at a fork in the road!  

Silly?  Probably.  But I'm going to celebrate these little victories every time!

Another small victory is the fact that I can see the floor and surfaces in 1/2 of my studio. You can see my sewing corner on the left that I already reported on...and how it relates to that side of the room.  I have comfy yellow chair where I can sit and do hand projects with a nice view outside when the curtains are pulled back. My work table is in front of the big window where I get great light and  have a nice view.  This is where I paint, collage, and make my cards.  So far I've been doing a pretty good job keeping this work table....and my cutting table fairly tidy.  At least tidy enough.....I've got projects going in both places.

This is the view from my sewing machine.


That far wall is colorful mix of art and treasures and it includes several "dancers."  I'm not a dancer....although I pretend to be sometimes....and I'm trying to get Paul to dance with me again.  The big chunky yarn spools are from a thrift shop for only $2 each....and I'm pretty sure they're vintage. The watercolor palette in the bottom left was Connie's....and I'm enjoying it as an art piece.  I just hung a favorite print on the top left.....dancers and quote celebrating women who gather.  There is also one of the only needlepoint projects I've ever done. (hearts at the bottom)  The thread spools photograph is from a local artist....I bought it years and years ago.


There are 3 small batik pieces by a local artist, Suzanne Drown...and a circular punch needle project I bought at a small art shop in Monson.

Jane gave me the little fairy on the blocks....and my sister Angie twisted the wire on the bottle.

Everything has a story.

I've done a first round of quick sorts...mostly getting like things together and off the floor......and seeing what all I have. As I have time I will start the second round when I will let some things go. 

I'll start the other 1/2 of the room soon....but I've also got some projects I want to work on.  

I hope we all celebrate our small victories....no matter what they are!


2 comments:

  1. Every view of this room makes me want to move in! It seems like such a happy, cozy sanctuary.

    ReplyDelete