C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, January 28, 2023

The World Through His Eyes

 "To understand the present, we have to understand how we got here." Heather Cox Richardson

Every morning I read a newsletter by Heather Cox Richardson called Letters From an American.  Heather is a history professor and an accomplished author....and she continues to "believe in American democracy despite its frequent failures."  Her newsletter connects current events to an historical context...and she helps me better understand the complicated and sometimes grim world of politics and world news.  

This morning Heather offered very few words to help us understand the horrific story being uncovered about the death of Tyre Nichols in Memphis, Tennessee. Instead she linked to his photography website....deciding to "stand aside and let Mr. Nichols represent himself." 

I'm following her lead.  So just in case you haven't see it....I encourage you to take a look and see The World Through His Eyes.  

Tyre Nichols Photography Website





"WELCOME TO THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES"

"My name is Tyre D. Nichols. I am an aspiring photographer. Well mostly I do this stuff for fun but I enjoy it very much. Photography helps me to look at the world in a more creative way. It expresses me in ways I cannot write down for people. I take different types of photography, anywhere from action sports to rural photos, to bodies of water and my favorite, landscape photography. My vision is to bring my viewers deep into what I am seeing through my eye and out through my lens. People have a story to tell why not capture it instead of doing the "norm" and writing it down or speaking it. I hope to one day let people see what I see and to hopefully admire my work based on the quality and ideals of my work. So on that note enjoy my page and let me know what you think."

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this, MaryAnn. I follow HCR, too, and was moved by her Letter today. I’ve been in a blue funk all day thinking about Tyre Nichols and his family. All I could do today do was send them all love. Hopefully, it provides a tiny bit of solace through the ethers. ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Roseanne!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. I have been shutting out all the horrific news surrounding Tyree’s death because I didn’t know what to do with it. Now I can send my energy to a good place thinking of him, his family and all the amazing people who have been murdered like Tyree. Connecting with others is a balm to my soul and you bring that to my life, MaryAnn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughtful and kind words. I agree....with all the difficult things going on in the world....we have to put most of our energy to a good place. Connections is what it's about....with people, with nature...with art. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Yes it's so sad to think of the lives that have been lost.....especially to senseless violence and war. We just have to love as best we can...and make our little corner of the world as decent as we can. I wish peace to these families who are suffering. Thank you for reaching out.

    ReplyDelete