C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Solace

It's enough to pay attention to the little things. The steam rising off that first cup of coffee. Sunlight coming through the window. There's no right answer for what's going to make you happy. There are only these little things that add up to how you spend your days & it can take a long time so see it's as simple as that. " Brian Andreas, Story People

I am reunited with my computer....and for better or worse that means I back on the blog. It's been ridiculously cold here in New England so between that and the reality of my brother's death I've given myself permission to lay low....letting myself off the hook for not accomplishing much of anything.

January seems to be the month of puzzles....and I apologize for being so boring.  But right now puzzles are my distraction...my entertainment...and now my solace.

So guess what I did with parts of the last several days in cold snowy Lexington?.....I started a crazy 2000 piece puzzle given to me by the same friend who gave me the book puzzle.

I cleared off our large dining room table leaving just enough room for two placemats at the end so there would still be room to eat dinner. I spent the first day laying out all the pieces chunking them by color.  This took a while....but I was listening to a book on tape....so all was well. This is the first time I've had all the pieces of a large puzzle on one surface....kind of fun....but also a little daunting.  

On day two I started collecting patterns and putting together chunks of solid colors....I was off and running but I could see it was going to be slow going.




Day three I kept building on those parts....it seemed to be going pretty well.  This is a pretty big chunk done...but when you look at the picture...it's a tiny part.

This is where I left it this morning....just three or four pieces in during breakfast.  I'm back in Maine for a few days now....then Paul and I fly out Friday for the funeral in Wisconsin.  So it will sit....my puzzles are good at sitting. This will most certainly be a long term project...but I'm going to stick with it hopefully getting it done by spring.  If anyone wants to come work with me and have a cup of tea...they are most certainly welcome.


2 comments:

  1. I'm in! Let me know when you get back. I'll bring cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness....that's awesome! I'll be in touch!

      Delete