C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Angie Treasures

Many churches hold a Blue Christmas service that is quiet and contemplative for those who might be feeling something other than joy. It might be for someone who has experienced loss and is missing a loved one....or those who are struggling with difficult family relationships or a serious illness.

Many of us have something that tints the Holidays a little blue.

My sister Angie loved Christmas....and she was the heart and soul of our family gatherings after my parents died.  She was a talented artist and one of the hardest workers I have ever known. She lived her entire life helping others.  Angie died almost 3 years ago and this time of year I can't help but think about her....and my other 3 siblings who have died...Edwin, Becky...and Rich.  And of course....my parents...Walter and Elaine.  

Angie's handiwork and collectables are sprinkled all over our condo and I've written about almost all of them here on the blog. She was a huge source of creative inspiration to me...and I miss her dearly.

One of my Angie treasures is this tiny little hand cut nativity scene...and it's my Christmas Moment #6.  Each little piece and part was hand cut...stained....then glued back together.  It's as amazing as she was.


The last several years I've displayed it here on the living room bookshelf.


Many many years ago Paul and I bought a larger set from Angie and gave it to Dave and Margie for Christmas.  

Margie and I found a good spot for her set this year on this little shelf under a couple of her favorite Nelson Mandela quotes.  
The Three Kings are traveling there below on the left....and we incorporated a couple of lovely Wise Men art prints from her daughter Alyson. 

6 comments:

  1. The nativity scenes are such a lovely reminder of your sister. What a great talent she was. Hugs-
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! She was a force....and I'm so glad I am surrounded by some of her joy.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful post! Tears in my eyes. My grandfather died on Christmas Day, and Christmas was never the same for my mom again. Angie was obviously a wonderful person of great talent. Treasure those memories always!
    Maine is one of only two states I’ve never visited. I hope that if we get there that I will be honored to meet you. I always look forward to your daily nuggets of beauty when I open my email!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reaching out Kathy! Wow...to lose a loved one on Christmas Day...that tough. Love and peace to you and your family as your think about your grandfather this Christmas.

      Maine is a beautiful place....and hopefully you'll get to visit some day!

      Thank you for following along....it makes me happy that you find nuggets of beauty and joy here. That's my goal!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful tribute to Angie!

    ReplyDelete