C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, December 24, 2023

Christmas Collection

Merry Christmas Eve! By the time you read this it may be Christmas Day....or beyond. Tis the season to focus on family and festivities after all.  No matter what or when you celebrate....I hope it is filled with joy.

We had a family brunch this morning which lasted well into the afternoon.  We ate...we talked about important and interesting things...and wrestled with some big questions. We talked about silly and nostalgic things too....we laughed a lot and played a new game. We're a small....but mighty group when we're together and it's the best Christmas Moment I could possibly ask for.

Before I started counting my Christmas Moments on December 1st...on the last day of November I shared the decorating I had started at Margie's place...and my start at home where I shared my sweet caroler.

I'm circling back to the caroler for Christmas Moment #24.....partly to get her into the official count....and partly because this little scene is a collection of so many things that I love and appreciate all in one place.  Gifts from friends....found treasures and trinkets....my own handiwork in the background...a touch of nature....special Christmas lighting....and it's all sitting on the an antique desk from my mom

As I unpacked my Christmas things that first week in December...I added the white glittery ceramic tree I always pair with the caroler and a ceramic Christmas box I got from Patty last year.  This little Christmas Collection is now part of this December journey. 

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, thank you for carrying me/us through advent. A gift beyond measure.

    What's the new game you played??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Dotty! Paul's sister gave us a game called "Say Anything." You take turns asking questions from cards and everyone writes an answer and places it on the table. Then everyone predicts what answer the card holder will like the best. It wasn't really about the score....it was about stimulating conversation...and laughing....lots of laughing.

      Delete