C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, December 4, 2023

Fabulous Corner

Elves hold a special place in my heart....I was one for many years. The whole story can be found here....but the short version is that the elf would visit our house every night from December 1st until Christmas and leave a little something for the boys when they were growing up.  It took the edge off the waiting....and I loved being the elf.

This sweet pair keeps an eye on me while I work on my puzzles and this little corner is my Christmas Moment #4.  

I sit here every morning with my breakfast and coffee. I love this photo because it includes the Christmas cactus blooming in the background....a colorful felted coaster from my son Sam...and my favorite plant pot from Emily. It's a fabulous corner of my world.

Aren't they adorable!  

And that includes the elf reading in the background this evening. Paul wears his ski hat all winter in the house...adding to his long list of elfin qualities.  
I'm redoing this fabulous vintage rainbow ornament puzzle....
I will probably do it every year. 


It snowed a few inches overnight....and I loved taking it all in.
  




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Just beautiful.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy....I couldn't agree more! Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  2. I have a soft place in my heart for Christmas cactii. :-)

    ReplyDelete