C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Pop of Red

It was a lovely crisp winter day....perfect for our morning walk and a little creative excursion downtown.  

I stopped at Folly 101...which is always bursting with festive holiday spirit. 

I love wandering around Portland...and I'm looking forward to our annual light tour. It's time!
I spy my Christmas matches.

  

Many of the matches were in these little gift packs with a candle and a package of napkins.

They would make a great hostess or teacher gift....and apparently they're selling pretty well.  Astrid warned me that she might be requesting more than usual next year....I'll be ready.
There was so much to see....all so festive and fun.


My quiet Christmas Moment #13 is this little display on a shelf in my entryway.  

It features the second gifted cardinal from Patty....and one of my favorite little trees.

And...a little joy.

I love this little pop of red with all the blues and greens. Thanks Patty!

  

Speaking of Patty.....

I have always loved her festive centerpiece decked out with a pop of red balls and cardinals..  And...she just purchased the same starburst I shared yesterday....and doesn't the cardinal look happy sitting in the light!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE seeing your Christmas matches at Folly 101!

    And ¡YES! to the pops of red in your green/blue display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! When in doubt....add a pop of red!

      Delete