C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, December 25, 2023

Calm and Bright

Merry Christmas Day! 

I had a flurry of blooms on my Christmas cactus around Thanksgiving....and after a few weeks of rest....ONE new bloom was fully open this morning. Just one....and it chose today.

Sam, Paul and I had Christmas dinner with Margie at her place....then a quiet rest of the day at home. I love calm after all the festivities just as much as the festivities.  

Things will be calm and bright for a while...I'm quite fond of this week between Christmas and New Years.  I'll keep my little strings of lights going as long as the batteries last....and we'll enjoy the tree and decorations for a little while.  When I was teaching I remember starting to take things down pretty quickly after Christmas taking advantage of the time I was home from school.  But not anymore.....there's no hurry and I'll know when the time is right.

This journey through my Christmas Moments is just what I needed this year.  It gave me a focus....an opportunity to revisit some of my Christmas memories and a reason to set up and celebrate some special Christmas things.  I enjoyed the comments and conversations I've had with some of you....and am so grateful that you followed along.

I thought I would widen the camera view just a bit view....and give you more of a context for some of these Christmas Moments in our main living area.

Welcome to our cozy condo!

I'm chuckling as I notice the blocks still under our dining room table. I think 2024 should be the year to finally fix that problem.  That story is here with another link to the story behind this special table:


I actually finished this puzzle today....and I'm pretty excited about the next one. 



Thank you so much for visiting! 


Merry Christmas from Maine!

5 comments:

  1. I have LOVED visiting—thanks for inviting us all.

    Your interest in jigsaw puzzles sparked me to pick up a Christmas ornaments puzzle on loan at our local senior center. Took it to Pennsylvania and made it with my granddaughter.

    The blocks under your dining table are perfect!

    This season, with gratitude to you: calm, bright, joyful, putterful ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following along Dotty! Your comments, connections and reflections are so appreciated.

      Yay....on the jigsaws! I don't ever want to be without one.

      The sentimental chairs have to work with the sentimental table...the blocks make it happen. But I do have a better plan.

      OMG......"putterful" is my new favorite word!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your warm, welcoming, and festive home with us. It truly has been a delight each day to see the next moment.
    Love that you could have the time together with your small but mighty family. I have one of those, as well.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! Your kind words and comments along the way mean a lot. And I love all our connections!

      May your small and mighty family have a Happy New Year.

      Delete
  3. Oh....you are so welcome. Thanks for following along!

    ReplyDelete