C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, December 3, 2023

I Love Trees

I had a busy and productive day....but I'm keeping today's post simple with   Christmas Moment #3.....a combination of many things I hold dear.  

  1. I found this lovely cross stitch several years ago at a thrift store on an outing with Anita and Linda. I love creative excursions with friends.....poking around here and there and taking the time for a nice lunch.  
  2. I love that someone else made this piece....likely loved it...then passed it on for someone else to love.
  3. I have done a lot of cross stitch in my day so I can appreciate the hours of work.
  4. It was made in 1981....the year Paul and I were married.
  5. The colors are soft and lovely....a nice contrast to some of my more colorful Christmas decorations.
  6. When I shared this piece a few years ago I learned that Margaret, a blog reader, had done the same cross stitch for some dear friends....and eventually it was gifted back to her.  I love this connection with Margaret.
  7. I love trees!

It lives on the bookshelf in the living room for the holiday season...
and it's one of my favorite quiet little Christmas Moments.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cross-stitched tree! It makes such a peace-inducing quiet holiday decoration. I love how you've incorporated it into a bookshelf display, MaryAnn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty...it's a keeper! Until I pass it on for someone else to love.

      Delete
  2. My Mom had the very same Hummel bookends! I always loved them. They live with my sister now. What a sweet Christmas display! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reaching out. These bookends were a gift from a friend of our from College after he spend a year studying in Germany. We've had them our whole marriage.

      Delete