C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, December 2, 2023

Tree Day!

The tree has been up for a few days....but today is technically Tree Day at the Shupe house.  On December 2nd, 1978 Paul and I had our first date....and on that first date we decorated a small tree in his dorm room.  So in honor of Tree Day.....today I decorated the tree.

(I just put two and two together....and the photo I shared recently of Paul's birthday at my parent's home had to be 1979. I know no one is keeping track....but I just needed to set the record straight.  I like to get things right.)

I love unpacking my collection of felt garland. Some I made....some I purchased. 

I think I write about them every year...but this post gives the best description: 
https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2015/12/felt-garland.html

We still have two trees from when we had two places. One is larger than the other and I chose the smaller one with white lights this year. 

I may still do some tweaking.....but here's the before....and the after with my feet up on the coffee table.

The tree could be my Christmas Moment for today ....but it's more of an event. So my Christmas Moment #2 features two very special felt ornaments made by my Aunt Beverly.  They are vintage...incredibly detailed...and two of my absolute favorites!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I, for one, am glad for the editorial comment setting straight the dates for the Paul and MaryAnn courtship. I couldn't make sense of how your first date took place on December 2, 1978, if Paul had come home with you for Thanksgiving in November 1978 to meet your parents BEFORE YOUR FIRST DATE!

    Outstanding felt ornaments, Aunt Beverly.

    MaryAnn, I am going to thoroughly enjoy your daily Christmas Moments. I am a big fan of Christmas Moments, those unscripted have-to-have-your-heart-open moments during the holiday seaason. Joy to the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for humoring me on the date correction. Silly....but I had to set the record straight!

      Thanks for the support on my Christmas Moment thing. Much of Demember is focused getting ready for....and appreciating and celebrating Christmas leaving little time for art or other things. But these quiet little moments make it worth it. Joy to the world indeed!

      Delete