C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, December 9, 2023

Friendship Moments

We had dinner with Dana and Anne last evening....

and this was the view of Back Bay as we headed into Portland. 

The sunsets have been beautiful lately....and they happen pretty early this time of year.  

Dana and Anne have a fabulous tree at their condo from their property in Deer Isle. It's the kind I remember my dad cutting for us on the farm....loose...wonky...and wonderful.  

And there were actually a few ornaments on the tree that I made including this cow!  I had forgotten about this one...a true farm girl ornament from many many MOO....n's ago.   


Anne gifted me this tree ornament she made using fabric...ribbons and decorative stitches. It's already on our tree for Friendship Christmas Moment #9.


I made a little tree for Anne too....it was an experiment.  I twisted sock yarn with gold thread and wrapped it around a piece of foam board.  I put a piece of double sided tape on the board...and a little glue here and there to hold the yarn in place.  I should have painted the tree first so the white didn't show through. And another time I might string beads on the yarn as little ornaments....and I could control where they fall. And a yarn wrapped trunk could be nice too! This may be an idea to develop. 


At the last minute I added this black thread already loaded with sequence.  

I actually think I liked it better before....and may encourage Anne to take it off.  The lighting wasn't good here....and it is just a bit better in person.  

It's always fun to experiment....and there's always something to learn. The twisting...by the way....may not have been the best thing for my thumbs...which are still bit tender but much better. 

There it is...displayed behind the Creche on her table.


I finished the vintage ornament puzzle a few days ago.....

and there is a second Friendship Christmas Moment #9 in this little scene. 
Patty stopped by a few days ago and gifted me two sweet cardinals. 

One of them is clipped to the tree on my table and it's a nice addition to this Christmas scene.

I'm kind of chuckling....these photos were taken on different days...but Paul is in the same spot...same hat...same book...different sweatshirt.  He loves being retired.....and this is often where you'll find him.

I've started this next ornament puzzle. 

There is something comforting about the same ornaments on the tree every year...and I'm feeling that way about putting together the same Christmas puzzles. 

Kathy asked me about Betty the bear....and I have no idea where she is.  She's red...and there's a lot of red this time of year....but I'm keeping my eyes open!

No comments:

Post a Comment