C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, December 7, 2023

Tiny Art Gallery

Subtitle:  Look Make Take

Several months ago Patty sent me a link to an article from the Portland Press Herald about a Tiny Art Gallery in Falmouth.  You've all seen the Little Book Libraries in people's yards where you can leave or take a book....this article was about the art version of that. The exact location of the tiny gallery was not revealed in the article...they wanted people to just "happen upon it." 

Paul spends a lot of time on his e-bike going all over Portland and the surrounding towns......and he "happened upon" the Tiny Art Gallery. While we were out and about yesterday....we stopped for a visit.  I've blurred out the street name to honor their goal...and I love the invitation to "look make take" on their sign.

And just look what special little gift I picked up. Some of you may remember how I admired the strawflowers on one of our walking routes. Inside this Tiny Art Gallery were several little bouquets of dried flowers which included several strawflowers.

I plan to visit the gallery when I'm in the area....and will enjoy looking....making....and sometimes even taking
I'm going to keep it on my puzzle table for a while.


It seems fitting that my Christmas Moment #7 is this tiny little art canvas...sitting on this tiny little easel made by Ellen, an artist I admire.  

It features four embellished inchie creations....with Christmas color....texture...and a just the right amount of bling.  

Next to it is a paper tree I bought at an art show made out of book pages.

Inspired by the tree I bought.... I made my own back in 2015 and gave them away to friends. 

You can see my process in this post: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2015/12/a-paper-forest.html

I'm slowly working my way up the bookshelf in the living room during my Christmas Moment tour....one more shelf to go. Thanks for coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment