C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

The Other Corner

On the other corner of my puzzle table is Christmas Moment #5.....a precious pair of young angels. I adore their look of wonder and innocence.

Paul and I raised two boys....so these angels remind me of those magical days of Christmases past. 

I love the way their faces light up in the evening light. To this day there is nothing I want more in life than to see my grownup children's faces light up. 


I finished up the last decorating tweaks at Margie's this morning.....and I'm tickled that she had a spot for this little family village I made back in 1990 when the boys were little.  I haven't displayed it in a while...but she had the perfect spot in front of her window.  

MaryAnn's Gift Shop is on the left....next to that is St. Paul's Church...Sam's Books and Nate's Toy Store there on the right.  

I made them out of cardboard covered in crepe paper. You can see some close-ups here in this post: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2015/12/the-shupe-village.html  

Margie may not be be happy with me sharing this one....

but doesn't she look comfy and cozy!  Her little tree is all decorated....and she is up to date on her Advent puzzle windows.  
The daily puzzles don't come in any particular order.....

she'll arrange them at the end.  The little window scenes are delightful....and so far she seems to be enjoying it.  

6 comments:

  1. Fun little puzzles Margie has! Lucas got me the same set this year. Just the right size to work on before work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fun that you have the same puzzle too Sandy! It seemed like the perfect gift for Margie this year. So far so good!

      Delete
  2. I love everything about today’s post.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my....so glad you loved it. That warms my heart. Thank you so much for reaching out Ann!

      Delete
  3. I was inspired to get this puzzle from your Margie birthday post. It's deceptively tricky, but I've got a method worked out to prevent the almost-but-not-quite-perfect pieces from happening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool! Margie has had to work out some strategies too...but she's on a roll now! I'm so tickled to think of you doing it!!! Thanks for letting me know Joan!

      Delete