C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, December 31, 2023

123123

Subtitle (Sesame Street Style): This Post Is Brought To You By The Number 3.

Today is 12/31/23....do you see the pattern: 123123!  I have people in my life who look for number patterns....so appreciation for them has rubbed off a bit on me.  And since 3 is my favorite number....counting 1-2-3....1-2-3 seems especially cool today.

The number 3...and a little joy were the themes of Liz's (Paul's sister and a lover of number patterns) Christmas gift for me.  All these things were found at thrift stores which makes me love them even more.

Speaking of three....yesterday I attended a surprise birthday party for my dear friend Linda in Lexington.  It was good to see several dear friends....and celebrate this wonderful woman.  

And in anticipation of Linda's celebration I started with the word "party" on yesterday's Wordle puzzle....and look where it led me! The only thing that would have better than getting it in two tries would have been getting it in 3.

I didn't get a photo with the birthday girl....but I did get a photo of me with my Lexington walking buddies. Anita and Janet have been walking for years and years and....and they welcomed me along the 12 years Paul and I lived there.  

The 3 of us lived just a few blocks from one another and would meet on the corner as often as we could for a morning walk.  

It's been almost 3 years since I moved....and Anita and Janet are still walking.

I just remembered that I got today's Wordle in 3 tries. Many of us in New England were happy to have our first sunny day in a very long time. 


5 comments:

  1. Thrift store finds are the best! Liz did a great job with her gifts for you. Just recently I was telling the story of going to a thrift store and finding the exact Pyrex dish—right size, right shape, right pattern—needed to replace the one that had broken from my set of THREE. I confess I was a grousing a little at the $6 price tag that seemed a little high to me but when I got to the checkout counter, I discovered that everything was 50% off that day, so I walked out with my new casserole dish for THREE dollars : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more.....so love your Pyrex story. There is already so much stuff in the world! .I'd much rather buy something used...something already with a partly story ready for another chapter. Happy New Year Dotty!

      Delete
  2. I just finished the book "One Two Three" by Laurie Frankel. An excellent read, and I plan to suggest it to my book club for this year. Half of my brain is filled with color, the other half is numbers, so yes, the 123123 is quite amazing to me. Happy 2024 to you and yours! (and I love the previous comment of re: waltz)
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a book I should read! I love knowing that in addition to color...you're a numbers gal too. Happy New Year Kathy....here's to a joy-filled 2024!

      Delete
  3. Ha Ha....yes! Hadn't thought of that but it's perfect! Happy New Year Ann!

    ReplyDelete