C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, December 10, 2023

Merry And Bright!

One of my favorite pieces of furniture is this large cupboard I got from my dear friend Connie.  She used it to store her sweaters...and her bedroom TV was always on the top.  I was Connie's friend, decorator, caregiver and art buddy for 8 years when I lived in Lexington....and she was a huge influence in my life.  I am lucky enough to have several of her things all over my home.

Connie's cupboard had a temporary home in Lexington....but here in the dining room of the condo is where it really shines. I had the perfect spot for it.  It holds our large kitchen appliances like the crock pot and Cuisinart...the big wooden salad bowl...and a lot of this and that.

It's the perfect piece with both form and function...and I wrote about it when I first moved it in:
https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2021/02/form-and-function.html 

I've pinned this image on Pinterest several times.  I love lights...and I also love a little bling....so this image caught my eye every time it came across the screen.

I finally followed the link...and landed in an Etsy shop....and now I own these whimsical lights. (I actually think they are sold out.)  What I love most about them...is that there is something to look at in the daytime when the lights are off....that's when the sequence shines best!

The top of Connie's Cabinet is my blingy Christmas Moment #10....and it makes me smile every time I walk by.  It's where I have some of my glittery trees...and I think it all works well with my colorful marbles and new blingy lights.


 A Merry and Bright Christmas Moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment