C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Starburst

Thank you to those of you who shared where you found some light today.  You found it in cookie making with a grandson...in an unexpected hidden surprise...and the joy in finding the perfect gift. You found it in a morning walk and a pretty sunrise...and you found it in a call from an old friend.  Thanks for letting me know.

Light is like joy....it's always there if you look for it. And sometimes you don't notice it right away.

I was trying to photograph the frost on this bue car this morning....and in the end I got so much more.  Because of the glare...I had to photograph at an angle....and inadvertently caught the morning light and the reflection of the trees....with the perfectly placed frost looking like a dark snowy sky.  

And there's a reflection of my phone which tells the whole story of this magical moment. Capturing a moment and creating a new one at the very same time.

I know I know....I kind of sound like Hallmark Movie.  Tis the season.


And I love this one too.  Look closely...the frost spots look like stars in the early evening sky....with one large starburst over the silhouette of the blue trees. You can't make these moments happen....they just happen. And it's up to us to notice them.


Inspired by the one robust star on the car....Christmas Moment #12 is this fabulous starburst...purchased from the same company where I got the confetti lights.  

It has a 6 hour timer...so perfect for the entryway table with no outlet.  I enjoy it as a night light in the evening....and I love the view all the way down to the Christmas tree. 

I bought he runner on the table from a Fair Trade Christmas Fair at Hancock Church in Lexington.  I love the rich colors and the bit of bling.  A good landing spot for the starburst.

Look who was hiding under the Christmas tree....red on red....barely visible. 

And I only found Betty because I was looking at the morning light streaming in from the playroom  window!  The light....led me to Betty!

4 comments:

  1. It is up to us to notice, and light and joy are always there if we look. Yes, yes, yes.

    I love looking at and following the path of sunlight that finds its way in through windows. LOL that you noticed Betty because of such light. In turn, *I* noticed your tree skirt, which in turn sent me on this little train of thought: (1) We don't have a tree this year, by choice, but (2) I do miss a tree skirt tradition of ours. (3) Our tree skirt is simple white felt ('snow') and, (4) and as soon as the tree goes up, I make a festive ring around the base of the tree on top of the skirt using our collection of children's Christmas picture books whose colorful covers look like wrapped gifts. (5) Hmm, I wondered, could I fulfill that tradition in a new way? (6) I bet I could! We have a sizable poinsettia sitting in an elegant ceramic pot that would no doubt be happy to host the picture books this year : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! Love the free flow of your thoughts from light to my tree skirt to yours! I absolutely think you should recreate your picture book scene with your poinsettia! Sounds fun and fabulous! Please share a photo if you do.

      My tree skit was a little frumpled in that photo...but I've had it for as long as I can remember. I love the unexpected bright purple background and that it's a circle of angels.

      Delete
  2. Another delightful post. As a former teacher, I noticed an "A" on the car, as opposed to a star- so well done, regardless! :) Oh the Betty- she's a sneaky one!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I see the A too....it's an A+ star! Have we had the teacher conversation? We have that in common too.

      Yes...Betty is kind of sneaky! Just the way I like her to be!

      Delete