C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Favorite Things

The power came back on around midnight.  The washing machine started back up after shutting down locked in the middle of a load, the Christmas tree lights came on as well as other lights here and there around the condo. Paul handled the whole thing....he's the best!  Speaking of Paul...

I was making piles of pieces for the colorful Christmas houses in the new puzzle yesterday....when I noticed something that made me smile.  I spy Paul...reading his book in a different spot....taking advantage of the light from the window while the power was off.


My Christmas Moment #19 is a little Christmas tree cross stitch I did several years ago. 

It's was a simple project that included some beading and a little teddy bear....it's of my favorite little Christmas pieces.  How many times have I said that!

I guess they're all favorites at this point. 

It hangs under the counter in the kitchen during the Christmas season
with some of my other bright and cheery favorite things.


Anyone else have a favorite tissue box design?  I do....and I only have a few left. 
I wrote about my silly obsession here way back in 2016: 
I do have a couple empty boxes....that I might refill when I run out.


Speaking of trees.....I got a special treat in the mail from Dotty.

I admired this textured piece she blogged about....and now I get to enjoy it up close and personal. She created it on a piece of deli paper...and you can read about it here: https://dottyseiter.com/2023/12/11/gift-wrap-redux/ 

Dotty also included a special handmade star...with a very special story.

It was inspired by the children's book Uncle Vova's Tree by Patricia Polacco.  You can read about this special project here: https://dottyseiter.blogspot.com/2017/12/stars-of-wonder.html

I watched a video of the book being read here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XfZOGKLnLg

Thanks Dotty!  

6 comments:

  1. 1. Your mention of Paul's sitting in a spot that allowed him more access to light while the power was out reminded me of a nor'easter way back in the day when we lost power. I took down curtains in one room to allow maximal natural light to brighten a long day, thinking I'd take advantage of the situation to run the curtains through the washing machine once power was back in place. It was the first and only time I washed those curtains—they couldn't take the stress and kind of disintegrated. Lesson learned: don't bother washing curtains hahaha!

    2. Do you have places in your home where you swap out what piece of art goes on a given picture hook at any given time?

    3. So happy my ornament and gift wrap found their way to you. Now you can go back to when I posted the story of the gift wrap at my blog and reread your comment and my reply knowing that I'd already put my package in the mail to you reusing the mailer in which you'd sent me fabric swatches. Similarly, look back at our discussion at YOUR blogpost about "Other Things" on 12/16—my story was the story of the adventures of my package to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Good advice....don't bother washing curtains.
      2. Yes...a few just during Christmas.
      3. Fun to look back at that online conversation!!! You're a sneaky one! It was like a scavenger hunt!

      Delete
  2. That Scotties tissue box is really bright and cheerful. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are! I wish they did better with tissue boxes....these are the best!

      Delete
  3. Have to make do when the power goes out- and the two of you certainly knew how to handle things. Relatives in NH said it was "wild wind" and lots of power outages. Paul may have moved but I think he's (I) spying on you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably goes both ways. We keep a good eye on each other.

      Delete