C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, September 1, 2024

Blue Bottles

My white rain lilies have not stopped blooming....there are several right now with more buds coming.

I think the blooms are just precious...and they brighten my day!

What I like about about using tissue in collage is the transparency. But the tissue sun print I shared recently was very dark...so I struggled a little bit with my first collage efforts....I'm also way out of practice. But I printed another sheet that was lighter blue...then had the idea of using them to collage some blue bottles in my art journal. 

I had a second recent tissue print....also dark...where I used a word stencil. That may be my favorite bottle! I love how the words peeking through the transparent parts of the paper look like a label. I think it might be helpful to whitewash the background around the bottles a bit. 



Here's that word stencil print I mentioned. I do really like it....but it's dark.

I'm actually quite fond of the blue bottle idea and hope to develop it a bit more. 

There are only a few pages left in this journal....maybe more sun print collage play is in my future. 


2 comments:

  1. Those white rain lily blooms are so bright and cheery, and are beautifully offset by their own abundant, those delicate, greenery.

    oh my gosh! Look at those sunprint blue bottles. LOVE your spirit of adventure and experimentation, MaryAnn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Labor Day Dottie! These rain lilies get me every time!

      Thanks for celebrating my bottle experiment.

      Delete