C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, September 28, 2024

Surprise Outcome

The sky was blue...and the early autumn air was crisp and cool....perfect for a mid morning walk! This maple tree is a few steps away from our condo is always the first in the neighborhood to turn. As a matter of fact...half the leaves are already down.

I took advantage of the last couple of sunny afternoons and did a little cyanotype printing. With the sun lower in the sky...it's hard to find a sunny spot in my yard. Every print had to be done in a different spot in the yard.

I was motivated by the fact that I finally found the little stack of teabags Roseanne gifted me....and I wanted to try printing them again. Here is the post I experiemented for the first time: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2024/07/tea-bag-project.html

I didn't think that first time to print both sides of the teabag...but this time I did....and had a little surprise outcome.

Because the teabag is translucent....the printing I did on each side sometimes came through on the other. The image you see coming through the fern...is actually what I printed on the back! I was pretty excited!
Every time the teabag reacted differently...which is what makes this process so much fun. Here The front was pretty much what I placed down for the first printing with just slight hints of blue from the other side.

But on the back there was so much more going on. You can see the lighter blue images at the bottom from the front.

Here it is with the flap open...I think it's gorgeous! The white stems are the only thing I printed on this side.

These are going to be fun little pockets to tuck a little gift or note into. I'm so pleased with the surprise outcome from this printing session.

Now I just have to remember to print both sides. I've already forgotten on one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment