C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, September 16, 2024

Practice and Play

I put together a little photo montage in soft end of summer colors. I continue to love all the phases and stages of zinnias....they seem to be so joyful in their sometimes wonky and whimsical imperfection. 

I've started a free motion stitching class....I'm going to squeeze it into the nooks and crannies of my days. I'll write more about it at some point soon....but here's little peek into a homework assignment I worked on today. I'm a little out of practice...but the only way you get better is to practice and play! 



4 comments:

  1. Practice and play: can't be beat! Thank you for the pulls-me-in-for-a-closer-look photo montage. So sweet, those soft end-of-summer colors, shapes, and textures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! Practice and play....that's what we do!

      Delete
  2. Zinnias are most second most faves, after hydrangeas. Soft pinks and yellows cannot be beat. Hoping I get to the lessons myself this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that! And yes...I've really grown to love the pink and orange combo! Good luck on the lessons! Let's compare notes.

      Delete