C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, September 22, 2024

Moment and Day

Exactly 8:43 this morning here in the Eastern Time marked the autumnal equinox. The moment the sun shined directly on the equator....the day that there was an equal amount of light and darkness all over the world. And this is the day that marks the official changing of the seasons. I love everything about the changing seasons.

I love the whole idea of nature winding down for its winter rest and all the colors and sensory experiences that go along with that. I do enjoy all the changing seasons...but summer to autumn is my favorite.


I made it a point to be on a walk at 8:43 this morning.

The air was cool...the sky was overcast and gray....and there signs of fall everywhere. I also did several outside chores...and soaked in every sensory moment on this day of change.

Ahhhh autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment